akumassa Ad hoc is an art project initiated by akumassa in order to be one of the participants in the 15th Jakarta Biennale 2013: SIASAT. In this project, in collaboration with Sanggar Budaya Paseban, akumassa involved some members of the Forum Lenteng and of akumassa’s communitiy network from some regions. The participants in this project, among others:
- Otty Widasari, from South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, as the Project Coordinator
- Andrie Sasono, from South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, represented the Forum Lenteng
- Anib Basatada Wicaksono, from Blora, Centra Java, reresented the Komunitas Anak Seribu Pulau
- Auviar Rizky Wicaksanti, from Blora, Central Java Tengah, represented the Komunitas Anak Seribu Pulau
- Dian Komala, dari Depok, West Java, represented the Komunitas Suburbia
- Harryaldi Kurniawan, from Padang Panjang, West Sumatera, represented the Komunitas Sarueh Open Space
- Jayu Julie, from Depok, West Java, represented the Komunitas Suburbia
- Manshur Zikri, from South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, represented the Forum Lenteng
- Mufti al Umam, from Tangerang Selatan, Banten, represented the Komunitas Djuanda
- Muhammad Sibawaihi, from Lombok Utara, West Nusa Tenggara, represented the Komunitas pasirputih
The project participants stayed for several weeks in the Paseban Village, Senen Subdistrict, Central Jakarta, to conduct research, video-making, workshops and art-based activities. By them, Jakarta City was framed in their perspective as migrants in that specific site. akumassa Ad hoc aimed to study the social life of Senen’s residents through an art framework which combined with media literacy approach. Furthermore, this project also talked about the relationship between social practices and aesthetic possibilities.
This project produced some video works and published a book, entitled Art on Senen Border (AKUMASSA Forum Lenteng, 2013).