Rekam Media: Community-Based Media Watch is a one-year project undertaken by akumassa in 2012-2013. The project involved ten local residents from ten locations to be researchers and review the performance of the local mass media in their respective regions. They are:
- Maina Sari, Aceh Besar, reviewed Serambi Indonesia and Prohaba.
- Renal Rinoza, Tangerang Selatan, reviewed Tangsel Pos and Suara Tangsel
- Manshur Zikri, Depok, reviewed Radar Depok, Monitor Depok and Jurnal Depok
- Lulus Gita Samudra, Jakarta, reviewed Berita Kota and Warta Kota
- Muhammad Qomarudin, Jember, reviewed Radar Jember and jemberpost.com
- Firmansyah, Banten, reviewed Kabar Banten and Banten Raya Post
- Lalu Maldi, Lombok Utara, reviewed Radar Lombok dan Lombok Pos
- Juventius Sandy Setyawan, Surabaya, reviewed Radar Surabaya and Surabaya Post
- Chandra Zefri Airlangga, Sumatera Barat, reviewed Padang Ekspres
- Irvin Domi, Yogyakarta, reviewed Trbun Jogja, Bernas Jogja and Merapi
Eight out of ten resident-researchers gathered so much data so that akumassa did an indepth readings to them, and then published a research-based book, entitled Kajian Terhadap Sajian Informasi Media Massa Lokal Melalui Lima Kategori Isu (Good Governance, Hak Asasi Manusia, Perempuan dan/atau Anak, Kriminalitas, dan Lingkungan Hidup) dari Perspektif akumassa, written by Mansur Zikri, Otty Widasari and Lulus Gita Samudra (Lenteng Forum, 2013). The book was presented at the Ford Foundation, Sequis Center Building, 11th Floor, Sudirman, Jakarta, in March 2013.